Saturday, July 12, 2008

Going against the TIDE!!!!


Never realised i would experience all i learnt in sociology class so early in life.
Just today our sociology professor was educating us on how we don't react to injustice and play a dumb spectator role. With the sparks of knowledge fresh in my head i went on to continue with my extra curricular work...
But what i experienced next came as a shock. Within minutes i was sandwiched between right and wrong. As i stood there i knew what was happening was wrong but i didn't know what to do or how to react. I did have all the guts required to challenge the authority figure who was the root of all the injustice been meted out. But i wanted to improve the situation for the victim not ruin it completely. How would i speak against the injustice taking shape in front of my eyes without affecting the position of power submitted to me. Would i be selfish if i didn't stand by the victim who also happens to be a very dear friend or should i just think about my position. What would give me peace of mind at the end of the day is the way i turned towards. I stood by my friend and as soon as i can i will question the authority figure about the injustice. I don't care about the fact that i may have lost out on an opportunity to earn sum certificates. All i know is i stood up for what i believed in and reached out when my friend needed me. At least i can sleep in peace at night knowing i did the right thing even if it meant going against the tide...

No comments:

The sunset is just the beginning!!!

The sunset is just the beginning!!!
pErSpEcTIVE!!!!

Photography Wonders!!!!

Photography Wonders!!!!
Strawberry kisss....